MetroList Response to The Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Content updated on May 28, 2020
The statewide shelter-in-place order has undeniably altered all of our lives – both personally and professionally. With new information constantly flowing in, we will be continually updating this page with fresh content as developments unfold. We invite you to check back frequently to stay apprised.
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency, the MetroList team is diligently working to safeguard our Subscribers and staff. We know that you depend on MetroList for your business, and we don't expect any interruptions to your access to our Customer Support or to the tools and products you depend on to conduct your business.
In order to keep operations as seamless as possible, remote work practices are already in place for MetroList staff. We will continue to update this page with the latest information along with resources to help you manage your business.
From all of us at MetroList, thank you for being a valued Subscriber and for doing your part in helping to keep your family and our community safe by slowing the spread of the Coronavirus!
Our thoughts are with each and every one of you.
These are challenging and unprecedented times - both for the country and the real estate industry.
With that in mind, the MetroList team is in this with you. We know that equally important to everyone’s health and safety is keeping the real estate market moving as much as we can.
The MetroList Leadership team is meeting daily, and we are in communication with your local associations and MLSs around the county. We are all working together on solutions to help you continue to move your business forward.
A Tribute To California - TV Ad
California Association of Realtors (C.A.R.) produced this ad for consumers that we think you will like. Click on the video to view.
The MetroList team is ready to help you
Our remote staff is here to help you, business as usual. You can reach us by phone, email, or chat, our channels are open and we are here for you. If you need us, you can still contact us in the same way you always have:
Subscriber Services: email@example.com
Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Training: email@example.com
MLS Rules Compliance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (916) 922-7584 or (888) 898-9788
MetroList Coronavirus (COVID-19) Email Updates
Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- California Department of Health
National Association of REALTORS®
California Association or REALTORS®
Real Estate Media News Outlets
- Amador County Association of REALTORS®
- Central Valley Association of REALTORS®
- El Dorado Association of REALTORS®
- Lodi Association of REALTORS®
- Nevada County Association of REALTORS®
- Placer Association of REALTORS®
- Sacramento Association of REALTORS®
- Yolo Association of REALTORS®
State of California
County Health Department Information
- Amador County Department of Health Department
- El Dorado County Health and Human Services
- Merced County Department of Health Department
- Nevada County Department of Health Department
- Placer County Health and Human Services
- Sacramento County Department of Health Department
- San Joaquin County Office of Emergency Services
- Stanislaus County Health and Human Services
- Yolo County Health and Human Services
California's List of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers (Updated April 28th)
Information About The Coronavirus
Opportunities To Help The Community
The 10 Things to do NOW to Prepare for the Market Resurgence webinar presented by Realtor.Com and MetroList.
Dave Howe, VP Client Success & Compliance for MetroList talks, talks with Mark Soto of the Honor Group Podcast, about how the Coronavirus Covid-19 is affecting the Real Estate Business.